3 Cool DIY's from Real Living

project: erin michaels | photo: chris warnes - reallivingmag.com.au

Did you download the new digital version of Real Living?  I'm super thrilled I have at least access to it now - (but would love to see a digital version I could get on my desktop) - for a few selfish reasons —to get larger images (i love seeing things big), to pin and also to share.  As you'll see here I had to actually take photo's, rather than screenshots from my iPad.  And I don't think one can pin from an app (unless I'm missing something).  Nonetheless - it's exciting to see my favourite magazine at all so who's to complain.  And it didn't disappoint; the Jan/Feb '12 issue is filled with "real" cool spaces, ideas and product.  I thought I'd share 3 DIY's that you can see are pretty awesome looking.  A summery rug, a creative coat rack and some adorable canister lid makeovers using decorative doorknobs.  Aren't they charming?  The rug is made from hessian fabric (or jute cloth as we call it here) and then frayed and tied on each side, the coat rack as you see is made using found wood and I'm loving the idea of switching out lid handles on old canisters with these decorative knobs as well.  It makes them sort of cuter don't you think?  You can get more instruction and info by downloading the magshop app and then buying the magazine through it.

project: erin michaels | photo: chris warnes - reallivingmag.com.au

project: erin michaels | photo: chris warnes - reallivingmag.com.au

Jan Halvarson

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Love these ideas - especially that rug!
xx Lexi
FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

Unknown said...

i had seen these already but how good are they - best ideas!!! i'm going to try the rug and the wooden hanger=)

lacey selvagn said...

I'm confused as to why you couldn't take a screenshot with your ipad for this. Does the app not let you?